Wednesday, July 25, 2012

48 Hours to SHOWTIME...

            In 2 days the "24 Hours of Booty" event will begin.. This will be my 3rd time.. I really enjoy doing this event.. Especially the mass start.. Usaully 1200 riders.. And the best part is.. all cancer survivors that you meet & talk to.. there is such energy at this event.. that even when I'm tired.. I always say.. "I can do a few more loops"..
           The Booty event started 11 years ago.. Its a 3 mile loop around Queens University in Charlotte, NC.. Lots of volunteers, vendors with food, bike support.. Its difficult to ask for donations.. but I know its for a good cause.. this year I've raised over $500.. and in the 3 years of doing this event.. I've raised over $2000.. deep inside I feel good about that.. 76% of all donations go to the charities themselves.. The weather is always hot.. with a chance of thunder storms.. and this year should be know different.. heat index over 100 degrees.. I've promise myself not to make any bold predictions.. about how many miles I'll do.. Just go and have FUN.. enjoy the event.. talk to a few more cancer survivors.. cause this is what this event is all about.. I"ll still finish with over 200 miles.. having fun on 2 wheels.. and be safe...

1 comment: