Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I hate flat tires...

     I woke up early one Sunday.. looking forward to a long bike ride.. As I got on the bike I was still undecided on which direction I was going to go...I did decide to ride to Clover, SC.. it was a warm day.. with plenty of sunshine.. very quite roads.. great scenery.. I took a short break at a Circle K store.. Enjoying a ice cold coke on a warm day..  I was at 26 miles at this point.. as I head back.. I was hitting a groove.. but as I was approach a bridge that went over Lake Wylie.. and back me into NC... I hit a MONSTER pot hole.. It was the size of a coffin.. I knew I was in trouble.. The hole rattle the bike so bad it threw my back lite & bike pump out into the road.. I thought I had 2 flat tires & bent rim.. so here is the good news.. I only had one flat.. no one ran over my lite or bike pump.. and it didn't throw me.. it only took 15 minutes to change tire.. and limp home.. the round trip ride was 47 miles.. A few days later I bought some bright yellow paint.. went to the MONSTER hole & paint the hole to warn other riders.. about 50 yards before hole I marked the road with same paint..saying "HOLE".. since that ride the hole has gotten bigger.. I might have to repaint it.. overall it was a good ride.. I'm not going to let a flat tire ruin my ride.. Be safe & have a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment